Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dishwasher

Had to install a new dishwasher this past week. The old one has started to leak. I had hoped that it was just leaking around where the drain hooked up, but the seal around the pump shaft had gone. We replaced it with a Kenmore Elite that was on close-out at Sears. It seems pretty good so far. The installation was fairly straight forward. I had to cut a new hole in the floor to bring the water supply up in the right place. Also needed a new hole in the side of the cabinet for the drain hose. The installation instructions called for teflon tape on the threads where the water supply hooks up to the inlet valve. I put about four rounds of tape on and snugged it down pretty tight. After turning on the water there was slow seep, though. So, I switched to some thread compound and that seemed to do the trick. Is there some trick to the teflon tape I don't know? I have never had much luck with it.

No comments: